Business ethics is often understood in the context of governance only, making it a board and management issue. I take a different approach, based on the understanding that ethics is about honourable behaviour, about right and wrong. If we approach the question of ‘what does it mean to do business ethically in SA today?’ through this lens, it means ethics is something that every employee, manager and board member should be concerned about.
Who would Benefit from the Workshop?
Business leaders and managers at all levels.
- Participants will have reflected upon their life experiences and have an awareness of their own, family and community principles and values.
- Participants will have an awareness of the field of ethics and relevant codes of conduct.
- Participants will understand a model of ethical decision making and how to apply it.
- Participants will be motivated to explore what it means to do business ethically in SA and internationally.
Workshop Content and Structure:
The allotted time for the module has been broken down into 4 sessions:
- Making sense of ethics.
- Tools to make ethical decisions and how to apply them when doing business.
- Exploring ethical issues in a specific sector.
- Applying the ethical decision making tools to selected case studies.
R2400 per participant.